Accelerate your Career Progression with Anna Johnstone
Hosts: Te Aka Wāhine o te Waipounamu Southern Government Women's Network
Venue: Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ
Date: 14 Sept 2023
Speaker: Leadership Coach Anna Johnstone
Anna shared practical and evidence-based strategies designed to help achieve career goals faster.
From getting clear on career direction to raising visibility this informative session gave attendees seven proactive techniques to kick start momentum. Anna is the Founder and CEO of The Female Career a coaching and consulting organisation which aims to improve gender balance at work in Aotearoa. She loves coaching wāhine to thrive in their work careers.
SGWN Co-Chair, Kirsty Paterson organised the event as she has had the pleasure of being introduced to Anna through a coaching opportunity offered by Government Women’s Network in 2022.
SGWN committee members were really pleased with the volume of interest both online and in-person. Committee members loved every aspect of Anna’s presentation and greatly appreciated the slides being shared afterwards.
- Things don't just happen, get prepared, plan, get out there and work hard towards your goals;
there are ways and people to support you along the way.
- Making a 5 year career timeframe, thinking about what a great work day in 5 years would be.
- Reminder to be courageous and to be more visible - some great ideas to help with these two
- Identify and remind yourself of three key strengths and use those to shine.
- Difference between mentors, sponsors and allies.
- A career path needn't be like a staircase or ladder, sometimes it's like a jungle gym.
Back: From SGWN, Kathy Connolly, Jennie Farrar-de Wagt, Jennifer Belworthy, Jennifer Leahy
Front: Speaker, Anna Johnstone, From SGWN, Kirsty Paterson