Hosts: Parliament Staff Women's Network
Venue: Parliament Banquet Hall and online
Date: Wednesday 15 June
Suze Jones, Deputy Clerk of the House of Representatives
Dr Sripriya Somasekhar, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Manager - MBIE
Megan Main, Chief Executive - ACC
After a lot of hard mahi, this new network was very successfully launched in Wellington last month.
The panel of speakers spoke about their journeys, successes, and challenges and this was followed by an informal networking session. You can watch the recording of the event or check out the key takeaways below.
- Be thankful to those who came before us for the path they’ve paved
- Remember to pay it forward. What can you do to help those coming up behind you?
- Stay true to your purpose ‘your why'. Don't let opportunities pass you by - think hard before you say ‘no’.
- Find someone in your life that knows you, who can support and challenge you
- The importance of allyship. Use any privilege you may have to speak up for the underrepresented
- The benefits of building connections with a community that you might not directly identify with